Barriercoats are a special kind of gelcoat which is applied after the gelcoat layer.
Barriercoats are a special kind of gelcoat which is applied after the gelcoat layer. They offer high hydrolysis and chemical resistance, prevent fiber print-through and offer high osmosis and blister resistance on finished products. Barriercoats form a solid base layer for gelcoats with their stiffness and mechanical strength. The amount of barriercoat consuption per square meter is lower than gelcoats because of their lower density values.
- Product Description
- Chemical Structure
- Base Color
- Primary Usages
- Polijel BC
- High hydrolytic resistant barriercoat
OT1 , OT6
Excellent hydrolytic and chemical resistance
- No sagging on vertical surfaces
- High surface quality
- High osmosis and blister resistance
- Eleminates fiber print-through and improves osmosis and blistering resistance in marine applications, swimming pools, water slides and parks. It can be applied up to 300-400 microns.
- Polijel BC-782
- High surface performance flexible barriercoat
- VE/ ISO/ NPG
OT1 , OT24
- Low fiber print-through and high surface quality
- High surface quality
- Good surface appearance on finished product
- Specially designed to eleminate fiber print through and improve osmosis and blistering resistance in automotive applications.
Layers of High Blister Osmosis Resistant System (for Swimming Pools)
1- Polijel 213 High performance clear gelcoat
2- Polijel 213 High performance colored gelcoat
3- Polijel BC High hydrolytic resistant barriercoat
4- Polives 701-TA Hand lay-up/Spray-up thixotropic preaccelerated performance vinyl ester
5- Polipol 381-TA High chemical resistant thixothropic preaccelerated polyester
6- Polipol 3401-TA Hand lay-up/Spray-up thixotropic preaccelerated polyester
You can choose any package type suitable for your production system or you can get further information from our sales department regarding container options.
- FR Filled flame retardant
- D* Filled (*with filler content)
- T Thixotropic (no sagging)
- A Cobalt preaccelerated
- ABP Amine preaccelerated
- UV UV Curing
- L UV light stabilized
- I Lower viscosity
- V Higher viscosity
- LSE LSE (low styrene emission)
- H* Gel time customized (at room temperature) * minutes
- H40 Optimized for summer season. Gel time (at room temperature) 40 minutes.
- H20 Optimized for winter season. Gel time (at room temperature) 20 minutes.
- COLOR White or custom color options
Polijel gelcoat table descriptions and modifications.
- Spray Application (airless preferred)
- Brush or Roller Application
- Color Option: White colored
- Color Option: Light colored (pastel)
- Color Option: PRO colored